The Reed Construction Starts database is a comprehensive source of construction activity statistics designed to give you the most important business planning information in a highly efficient and effective way.
The database contains monthly construction activity statistics, recorded in both square footage and dollar value figures. The data is reported on a U.S. county-level basis and covers all major construction property types, providing detailed analysis of market trends and what they mean to the construction industry.
Use the Reed Construction Starts Interactive Database to help you with business planning by using objective market data to better plan the growth. It can help you understand how your market is responding to economic pressures and how well it performs each year compared to other markets. Learn where to focus your resources for the highest possible return and set realistic sales goals based on opportunity. Estimate market share/market penetration and measure the market potential for specific products
- Construction starts data provides three years of history by month, updated with current data on a monthly basis
- Coverage available nationwide at county level
- Interactive, easy-to-use, web-based tool makes accessing the data simple and efficient
- Data reported in both square footage and dollar values
- Covers approximately 100 property types with major category summaries
- Construction starts is the most significant and timely measurement of construction activity and is the natural forecast of future activity for building product manufacturers
- Analytical information sourced from the industry's most accurate project news database
- Co-created with the country's most respected real estate and analysis firm, Property & Portfolio Research (PPR)
- Earliest reporting of construction starts available today
Also Available: Monthly PDF Trend Reports
Monthly PDF summaries are available for the U.S., all 50 states, all U.S. MSAs and customer-defined, county-based territories.
Click here to view a sample.
A monthly analysis of construction start activity across Canada and by region, the construction starts product provides accurate and complete information, ahead of government statistics, on square footage totals, number of units, dollar value and percentage change over the year. The construction starts product allows you to identify geographic markets that represent the best opportunities in the coming year, find new revenue opportunities, estimate market potential and compare your sales achievement to the total potential market.
Features of CanaData Construction Starts:
- a printed summary of construction starts reports across Canada mailed to you monthly
- derived from actual construction activity based on Reed Construction Data's Project Database
- accurate and complete information
- ahead of government statistics by up to two years
- each report summarizes starts by 29 project types (office buildings, hotels, residential, roadwork, etc) and by region
- building starts summaries include square footage totals, number of units, dollar value and percentage change over last year
- a list of top 10 construction projects of the month
- monthly graph outlining construction start trends across Canada
- custom reports can be produced according to your business needs
Benefits of CanaData Construction Starts:
- identify geographic markets that represent the best opportunities in the coming year
- make informed decisions based on analysis
- find new revenue opportunities
- estimate market potential for new products you are developing
- project amounts of product you may be shipping in the future
- compare your sales achievement to the total potential market