Got a question about material costs, cost estimating or take-offs? Our panel of experts from RSMeans are here to help! Search through our archive of answers to previously submitted questions. Or submit a new question using the form below.
- Question: In regard to 04 22 10.23 6400 For special deeper colors...add, does this imply that the split face CMU only comes in a natural finish or are lighter colored units included in the base cost? Also does same apply to Fluted, Ground Face, and Split Rig units as well? read answer
I have been using multiple years of the Building Construction Cost Data to look at the productivity information for various activity items.
My first question is how do you decide what the "daily output" and "labor-hours" for each activity is?
My second question is how do you decide if and when the "daily output" and "labor-hours" should be changed from year to year? Perhaps there is additional information in one of your reference or methodology books?
Thank you in advance for your assistance. read answer
A question was posted to our twitter feed.
Labor growth does not match housing starts growth. Is the housing starts data missing any portions of the workforce? read answer
- Question: What is the cost estimate for retapping and finishing bubbled drywall tape leaving ready for painting? This is both walls and ceilings in residential remodeling. read answer
- Question: What are the estimated costs to build a cemetery on the CA central coast? If you do not have the estimated costs, would you be able to provide a budgeting form for cemeteries? read answer
I am running a course project where students have to estimate the financial feasibility of a land development project. They need to identify unit costs for roads, stormwater, sewerage, electricity, landscaping and various building types.
Of your products do you have one that would be suited to this? Is there a student version available?
- Question: What is a reasonable cost for warranty on specialized piece of equipment such as an elevator with 350 FPM and 8 stops? read answer
- Question: I am purchasing a medical office that is 2,106 square feet. Currently this is an empty shell. I am interested in an estimate on the build-out cost? I am located in Pleasanton, CA. read answer
- Question: What is the current price of tuckpointing per square foot on a church, including union labor? read answer
- Question: What is the average per square foot construction cost for assisted living facilities in the Southeast? read answer
Ask Your Own Question