RSMeans Online Webinar
Combining an in-depth look at RSMeans Online functions and features with hands-on skill building, this training class will show you how -- with just a few clicks -- you can access current RSMeans costs, automatically adjust for your project locale, search through the RSMeans data, create estimates, customize with your own data, generate reports, and export to spreadsheet applications.
The RSMeans Online training class is conducted online as attendees log into the training site and call into the conference call. The instructors share their desktop and attendees view the presentation and step by step instructions right on their computer screen.
Designed for users at any level with its hands-on approach, this online training class has something to offer both new users and experienced estimators. If you're new to RSMeans Online, you'll come away with the skills you need to start using it for faster, better project estimating. Seasoned RSMeans Online users will hone their skills, master techniques that can save time and boost accuracy, and get up-to-speed with advanced functionalities.
This is a 7 hour class running from 9 AM until 4 PM EST. Two fifteen minute breaks and one 60 minute lunch break will be scheduled.
- Attendees must have access to a high speed internet connection
- Attendees must have access to a computer with Windows XP or higher
- Attendees must provide a valid email address
- Attendees will receive an invitation via email once they have registered.
- Attendees must use the link in the email to test their rich media players
- Each registration is for one individual only
- Register no later than 24 hours before the webinar
Who Should Attend
All new or experienced users of RSMeans Online, including architects, engineers, contractors and facility managers, and others who assemble cost estimates or budgets.
Here's just a sample of what you'll learn . . .
- The basics of RSMeans data . . .Unit Costs, Assembly Costs, and Square Foot Models.
- Getting started . . .setting up and managing your account, including your user profile and password.
- Utilizing the Search Cost Data reference tool to view the data you've purchased.
- Defining your preferences to save time. From data types, titles, and wages to labor rates and locations you can easily define new estimates and search preferences.
- Best practices for how to search the RSMeans database by CSI number, keyword, index entry or search tree.
- How to make the most of RSMeans reference materials and online tools . . .search through the reference database, discover the City Cost Indexes, utilize the RSMeans Construction Dictionary, view Labor Rates and access online Help.
- How to generate reports, export estimates to MS Excel, share, collaborate and more.
- Managing made simple . . .from adding & updating user accounts to setting up subscriptions.
- Customization tools . . .integrate your cost data . . .create custom cost lines . . .edit labor and equipment rates.