Holcim offers a full line of cement and cementitious products, including portland cement, slag cement, blended cements and fly ash. Manufactured under strict and exacting conditions at 13 plants throughout the nation, Holcim cements meet virtually any construction challenge.
Holcim Portland Cement is a durable, dependable and cost-effective product with optimum strength and durability characteristics to meet or exceed requirements defined by ASTM C150 specifications. Available in 92.6 lb (42 kg) bags or bulk shipments, the product line includes:
- Type I Cement - Suited for a variety of concrete construction applications, including pavements, sidewalks, reinforced concrete buildings, bridges, railway structures, tanks, reservoirs, culverts, water pipe, and masonry units. It can provide required strength characteristics for conventional ready mix, as well as applications where high strength is needed.
- Type II Cement - For projects that require moderate sulfate resistance.
- Type II (MH) - For projects that require moderate sulfate resistance and moderate heat of hydration.
- Type III Cement - Provides high early strength for a variety of concrete construction applications where a structure must be put into service quickly or where forms must be removed quickly
- Type V Cement - Manufactured for use where high sulfate resistance is needed, including exposure to sulfate waters, brine waters, sulfate soils and other sulfate conditions
- Portland White Type I Cement - Provides strength, workability and consistent color to white finishes such as terrazzo and monolithic white concrete. It is suited for precast curtain walls, facing panels, flooring surfaces, stucco, cement paint, tile grout and decorative concrete
Envirocore™ Blended Cements
Designed to meet all general construction uses and may offer additional benefits such as moderate-to-high sulfate resistance, reduced heat evolution, alkali-silica reaction (ASR) resistance, high early strength and others.
- This product line includes cements manufactured under both ASTM C 595 and ASTM C 1157
- Envirocore™ Special Binders - These products are not covered by any particular specifications, but are monitored to meet quality and uniformity needs in special applications
- Enviroset - Designed to meet the needs of the environmental remediation industry, Enviroset is suited for remediating sludges containing heavy metals, oils and solvents, with reagents dry blended to meet exact project specifications
- Envirobase® - A versatile, environmentally responsible, economical product with uses ranging from soil cement to flowable fill for utility cuts and absorbent for oil spill clean-up. Its components are custom blended with portland cement to meet individual site requirements
Envirocore™ Supplementary Cementitious Materials
Products designed to enhance the performance characteristics of concrete mixture for a broad spectrum of applications. When combined with hydraulic cement, these products offer a variety of attributes, such as increased strength, improved workability, reduced heat evolution and enhanced resistance to deterioration due to ASR, sulfate attack or harsh chemical environments. The product line includes:
- Envirocore™ Slag Cement meets the requirements of ASTM C 989 Standard Specification for Ground Granulated Blast-Furnace Slag (AASHTO M 302)
- Envirocore™ Fly Ash includes Class C and Class F fly ashes that meet the requirments of ASTM C 618 Standard Specification for Coal Ash and Raw or Calcined Natural Pozzolans for Use in Concrete (AASHTO M 295)