The EZ-Path® Fire Rated Pathway by Specified Technologies Inc (STI) is a mechanical, self-contained unit that allows cables to penetrate fire-rated walls without the need for firestopping material. Designed to meet the continually expanding need for communications and data cabling, EZ-Path Fire Rated Pathway is code compliant, adjustable, self-sealing and provides fire and smoke resistance whether empty or 100% visually filled.
Product Description, Applications
EZ-Path Fire Rated Pathway consists of an intumescent fire sealing material and galvanized steel exterior casing that allows cables to penetrate fire-rated walls without the need for firestopping material. When exposed to fire or high temperatures, the intumescent materials expand around the cables, quickly sealing the pathway to prevent the passage of flames or smoke.
Code compliant, adjustable and self-sealing, EZ-Path is ideal for cabling applications where re-entry is frequent, including retrofits for existing cables. Cables can be easily added or removed without reinstalling firestop materials and without recalculating the cable load. With nothing to remove or replace, remote cable pulls are permitted using a pulling line.
EZ-Path is offered in 3 models:
- Series 22 - Holds up to 25 CAT 5E cables; sold as a complete kit, including pathway, wall plates, gaskets, labels, required set screws and allen key
- Series 33 - Holds up to 120 CAT 5E cables; can be ganged for additional capacity up to 840+ cables
- Series 44 - Holds up to 268 CAT 5E cables; can be ganged for additional capacity up to 1340 cables in walls and 4288 in floors
- Built-in firestopping system automatically adjusts to the number of cables installed
- Engineered for rapid expansion of the intumescent material upon exposure to fire or high tempertures
- Allows cables to be installed, removed or retrofitted without adjusting, removing or reinstalling the firestop materials
- Provides fire and smoke resistance whether empty or 100% visually filled
- Remains fire and smoke compliant 100% of the time
- UL Classified and FM Approved to ASTM E814 (UL1479) standards
- UL systems are available for 4 hour rated floor and wall constructions
- Moveable, adjustable and self-sealing
- All-in-one design installs in minutes
- Easily allows additions and changes
- Large selection of accessories available
Visit the Specified Technologies website to find further helpful information: